Soft, puffy, melt-in-your-mouth Amish Sugar Cookies! These could not be easier and are made with common pantry ingredients! These Amish Sugar Cookies are a lot like cut-out cookies, but much less work! Top them with your favorite icing or glaze for an extra special cookie!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings 48 cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, oil, and sugars until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating until just combined after each addition. Do not overmix.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Drop dough by small teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 8-11 minutes, or until edges and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
For more recipes visit AMISH SUGAR COOKIES